Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Newby lost, Trying to make a robe bridge
Hi,
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

I'm new to using obi rope and rod, so the solution is probably simple, but i can't figure it out despite looking at the video and reading the manual.

I'm tryinig to make a simple rope bridge, with a couple plank pin to two ropes. Before i use a static 3D model (see image model), but I would like to recreate those model with obi rope so they react to the player passing on them.

I wasn't sure if i should use robe or Rod so i try to set up both to see what would work the best (i don't need them to move much). In Red plank is the rope and in green the rod. Both use the same solver value, but i have 2 solver in my scene (one for each).I added a particule renderer on all the rope and rod and 2 particule attachement to pin the rope/rod to the plank on each side. The attachement are in static, but changing them to dynamic don't change anything to the result. They also have similar path with a little down curve. They also have a resolution of .5 thickness of 0.1

If they stay about as such, it would be fine for me, but when i press play...

they get all twisted in the middle and i don't understand what's causing this and with this happening when i just try to link a rope to 2 fix plank, i worry about what it will be when i try to add plank to this bridge.

Please help, i'm at a lost.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Newby lost, Trying to make a robe bridge - by oppay - 18-03-2022, 04:04 PM