Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumpy Water
Increasing the iterations of the Density constraint seems to help, but I can still get this lumping to occur pretty easily.  The attached pictures are with 12 iterations.

I've also tried playing with the relaxation.  Lower relaxation values seems to help, but comes with the added issue of un-evening the distribution of the particles throughout the fluid volume.  On the surfaces of the fluid (surface, walls, and floor), the particles seem compressed (overlapping each other) while a void area (blank space with no particles in it) forms just above the floor surface.  The first two pictures illustrate the compressed overlapping and void space I'm trying to describe with a relaxation of 0.1.  The picture on the right had a relaxation of 0.7, I believe.

(07-02-2022, 09:03 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

This could just be a result of the fact that fluids are discretized. There's very few particles in your fluid, and it seems to be only 2 - 3 vertical layers of them: the top layer might just have not enough particles to fill the entire surface, so depending on where it's positioned it will look like a "lump". If you set the solver's max anisotropy to zero, particles will be rendered as spheres and this issue will become apparent.

Using more surface tension, more density iterations, more substeps or simply more particles should help.

kind regards,

Thanks for the input!  I'll give your suggestions a go tomorrow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Lumpy Water - by devPatrick - 07-02-2022, 07:20 AM
RE: Lumpy Water - by josemendez - 07-02-2022, 09:03 AM
RE: Lumpy Water - by devPatrick - 07-02-2022, 09:36 AM
RE: Lumpy Water - by josemendez - 07-02-2022, 09:48 AM
RE: Lumpy Water - by devPatrick - 10-02-2022, 12:50 AM
RE: Lumpy Water - by josemendez - 10-02-2022, 08:47 AM