Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity
(09-04-2022, 03:40 PM)Romahaaa Wrote: Hi,

Just now I found a time to return to that project. The connection point seems ok now, but... I was surprised that my scene with ObiRope which worked absolutely smoothly before now (after updating to Unity 2021.2.17f1) lag soooo much. Up to 500ms on scene start and ~100ms all the time after. 
Please check profiler screenshot here

According to your profiler, FixedUpdate() is being called 50 times per frame. Normally it would be called 0-1 times. So this means your game is doing x50 the amount of physics work per frame it should do.

This means: your code is running extremely slow, your timestep settings are way off, or both.

You'll get sluggish performance if there's any kind of debugging mode enabled. Either deep debugging or the jobs debugger will make all code in your game run really slow.

Your timestep settings may be an issue too. Make sure your maximum fixed timestep is not some huge value, it should usually be a small multiple of the fixed timestep. Eg; for a fixed timestep of 0.02, use a maximum fixed timestep of 0.04, 0.06, or 0.08. These settings can be found in Unity's Time options (Project Settings->Time)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity - by josemendez - 11-04-2022, 07:53 AM