Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity
(16-02-2022, 05:30 AM)Romahaaa Wrote: Sorry for later reply.
That attachement behaviour looks very weird. In some cases, it works well in Editor, but creating iOS build it looks like before with a gap.
More interesting the fact, that after that build, in Editor it returned to the "gap" old version as well. I can't tell you exactly, how this happens. Tried to change interations - nothing helps. 

Iterations will have no effect on the gap if you're using the modified attachment script shared here, as all it does is move the last particle in the rope to the point on the rigidbody. Did you make any changes to the script?

(16-02-2022, 05:30 AM)Romahaaa Wrote: One more huuuge show stopper in Unity Editor Windows versions has been found: collision contraint does such a huge lags when paperclip is moved into the water (water has Collider components set to trigger). Switching constrain off revoves all the lags.
I really don't know does it rely to asset or some 3rd party packages, like Burst and Job, but I didn't have it it on my 7 years old Macbook. PC is times more powerful than my old Macbook.

If you're using the Burst backend, Obi relies on Burst and Jobs to perform the simulation. There should be no discernible difference between MacOS and Windows. I'd recommend profiling to see what's causing the lag, you can share a screenshot of the profiler if you need help interpreting it.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity - by josemendez - 16-02-2022, 09:22 AM