Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity
(19-01-2022, 10:35 AM)josemendez Wrote: I'd guess the issue with the trigger also stems from this. If your game revolves around very small objects, I'd just fake the scale: Make everything larger in world units, and rely on relative sizes between objects to give the player the impression they're smaller. For instance if you have a paperclip and a human character, make both x 5 larger than their usual size. Since the player can only judge the size of the clip by comparing it to the human, it will appear to be very small even if it's actually not that small.

This will not work in my case developing for AR. However, I did the tests and realized that Trigger events are not correct using MeshCollider, even with the Convex option... I didn't know that, or maybe that's kind of Unity bug.. latest 2021.2 is pretty buggy. So, replacing it to the capsule collider, everything works as expected.

Quote:There's a way to get around it though: hook to the actor's OnInterpolate event, and set the renderable particle position to the attach point on the object. This does not affect physics, but will visually close the gap with 100% accuracy as we're just copying the attachment position to the particle every frame before rendering. I've attached a modified ObiParticleAttachment.cs script that does this. In case you're interested, the code looks like this

Thanks for the script!

Btw, did you notice the real size paper clip movement when rope doesn't move? The only way I found to fix it is to set rigidbody drag and angular drag to 1. Seems paperclip still receive some impulse from the rope even when it's static

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity - by Romahaaa - 19-01-2022, 11:40 AM