Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity
(18-01-2022, 02:43 PM)josemendez Wrote: I can't see any links to the updated scene. Can you share it so that I may take a look?

Oh, sorry, I didn't click "Add attachement". Here it is.

Regarding pin constraints - even setting it to 100 didn't help. There is still a gap between paperclip and rope end. Paperclip mass is justĀ  0.01.

josemendez Wrote:Not sure what you mean. Triggers are part of Unity, Obi's solver interpolation has no effect on them. If you're referring to rigidbody interpolation, then yes this is to be expected: interpolation derives rendering state from physical state: objects are drawn where they should be according to render time, but as far as the physics engine goes (this includes triggers) they're located elsewhere since simulation time != render time. Same for extrapolation. I don't think this can be prevented.

No, it's not about physics interpolation because it switched off. It's easier to check the scene I attached instead of describing it. You may see the cylinder collider under the paperclip and while the paperclip position not changed (at least visually) in static state, paperclip collider triggers with that cylinder collider

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity - by Romahaaa - 19-01-2022, 02:58 AM