Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity
(15-01-2022, 12:24 AM)josemendez Wrote: In your case, making a thin rope using real world units is the best approach imho.

Well, I tried to do so. I changed everything to real sizes and set the blueprint thickness to 0.0015, so it have almost same amount of particles comparing to your samples.
Unfortunately, I still got problems here:
  1. paperclip is not tightly fixed to the bottom rope particle. I also tried to add by 1 control point to each side of the rope, just to see, will it "help" to hold paperclip or not, but this didn't work. Here is example
  2. I found that if paperclip hit the trigger collider (I need it in my case to detect the TriggerEnter event with another object) each frame. This means OnTriggerEnter and OnTriggerExit are called even when paper visually doesn't leave the collider area. I assume this is because the interpolations, but is there a way to solve it?

I updated your sample scene adding real size objects and added TriggerDebugger component so you can get easy what do I mean in #2. Please have a look, I hope I may make it work finally as expected.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tons of problems trying to simulate simple rope without elasticity - by Romahaaa - 18-01-2022, 01:39 PM