Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Noob and travel cape
(11-03-2022, 12:53 PM)Celes Wrote: Damn... I feel bad you though you had to explain me this. I probably have checked the property panel of the cloak in edit mode to not see that applying the scale on the parent object did "transfer" it to the childs. And yes I forgot some modifier from blender cloth simulation so the mesh was crazy dense. The initial one is far from perfect, I will definitely do a retopo at some point, but it's around 1,8k triangles.
I also quickly "fixed" the normal but I will need to find a way to do it manually, but at least you'll see the mesh correctly with a front material and it will get a better simulation.

But the problem is still here, no particules visible and no simulation at all. In fact I didn't add any collider but I don't know if it should simply fall down or stick to the skeleton.

wetransfer

And the rotation in unity isn't linked to some rotation not applied, it's a lovely issue with blender that I can't easily resolve for now, so just ignore it please.
Btw, you were right to assume I'm a beginner, first 3d model ^^

Thanks for your time, have a great day !

Hi!

Took a look at your latest package: your Updater component does not reference any solver in the scene. So the solver (and hence, the simulation) isn't being updated at all.

Add the solver component to your ObiLateFixedUpdater component "solvers" list, that will A) render the particles and B) update the simulation, making your cloak fall to the ground.

It will fall to the ground because skin constraints - which are very important for skinned cloth, since they keep the cloth in sync with the skinning- are globally disabled in your solver. Open up the constraint settings in the ObiSolver component, and enable skin constraints.

That will finally get the cloth simulation running as intended Sonrisa. From this point on, you will probably want to tweak blueprint settings (specifically, skin radius/backstop) and maybe solver parameters: damping, inertia, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 24-12-2021, 12:40 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by josemendez - 12-01-2022, 09:21 AM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 10-03-2022, 01:53 AM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by josemendez - 10-03-2022, 08:53 AM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 10-03-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by josemendez - 10-03-2022, 01:47 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 10-03-2022, 04:09 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by josemendez - 11-03-2022, 09:37 AM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 11-03-2022, 12:53 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by josemendez - 11-03-2022, 02:02 PM
RE: Noob and travel cape - by Celes - 11-03-2022, 03:57 PM