Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoid Interpenetrations
(08-12-2021, 11:59 AM)l1samt0 Wrote: I am encountering the problem of my spheres on the fingertips going through the softbody at some point, which will break the illusion that I'm trying to evoke.

Hi!

Are the fingertips rigidbodies? If they aren't, softbody particles won't be able to push back on them (since it's not possible to apply forces to a collider alone, that's what rigidbodies are for) so at some point particles will just get out of their way any way they can and the fingers will sink in-between particles.

Use rigidbodies to interact with the softbody, also make sure there's good particle coverage in your blueprint (no large gaps in between particles at rest). You can change particle size of use a different sampling method in your blueprint is this is an issue.

(08-12-2021, 11:59 AM)l1samt0 Wrote: I have attached some pictures, please let me know, if you need any more information about my settings. For some reason when i preview this post, I can't seem to find the pictures, I hope this changes when I post.

There seems to be no attached files and no links to pictures in your post, not sure why. Could you post some links to the images? thanks!

let me know if I can be of further help. kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Avoid Interpenetrations - by l1samt0 - 08-12-2021, 11:59 AM
RE: Avoid Interpenetrations - by josemendez - 10-12-2021, 09:49 AM
RE: Avoid Interpenetrations - by l1samt0 - 13-12-2021, 01:00 PM