Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Obi Cloth With Blend Shapes
Hi, I'm running into an issue with Obi cloth, that I can't seem to figure out.  The cloth simulation is working great on any given mesh, until one of the blend shapes is activated.  Then it seems like the cloth simulation is turned off.  For example, I have the cloth simulation on some hair.  There's a blend shape associated with the hair model to make it shorter, once this is turned on the cloth simulation stops.  Is it not possible to have both working on a model at the same time?  Am I doing something wrong settings wise?  

Hope to hear from you soon, Thanks!
(24-01-2018, 11:30 PM)JoeParente34 Wrote: Hi, I'm running into an issue with Obi cloth, that I can't seem to figure out.  The cloth simulation is working great on any given mesh, until one of the blend shapes is activated.  Then it seems like the cloth simulation is turned off.  For example, I have the cloth simulation on some hair.  There's a blend shape associated with the hair model to make it shorter, once this is turned on the cloth simulation stops.  Is it not possible to have both working on a model at the same time?  Am I doing something wrong settings wise?  

Hope to hear from you soon, Thanks!

Hi,

Blend shapes are not supported. Supporting them would require cloth to be partially re-initialized every time blend shape weights change (since inter-particle distances, bending angles and distance constraints change with the blend shape), which would be extremely slow.

cheers,
(25-01-2018, 09:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Blend shapes are not supported. Supporting them would require cloth to be partially re-initialized every time blend shape weights change (since inter-particle distances, bending angles and distance constraints change with the blend shape), which would be extremely slow.

cheers,

Thanks for the quick reply.  This was what I was afraid of.  Would there be a way to re initialize the cloth with code, say at the end of a character creation process?