Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few general questions
(16-01-2018, 04:36 AM)rendezvous Wrote: Jose,

I did my best to figure this out myself for a few hours, but I failed to get the ObiClothDragger function to work at all on my mesh. What I'd like to simulate is pretty close to the dress example you showcased in your blog (http://blog.virtualmethodstudio.com/2017...whats-new/).

Here are my settings:
  • I checked (enabled) the 'Queries Hit Backfaces' option per your advice
  • My mesh has the Skinned Mesh Renderer
  • I added the Obi Cloth component; but I only enabled the following options:
       - Skin Constraints (Stiffness: 1)
       - Distance Constraints (Stretching Scale: 1.5, Stiffness: 0.7, Slack: 0.5)
  • Both Obi Dragger & Picker are enabled
  • My solver has more than enough # of particles specified to cover the mesh vertices
And the mesh's Particle settings are:
  • Mass: 1
  • Skin Radius: 0.01
  • Skin Backstop: -0.01
  • Skin Backstop Radius: 0.01
All this back and forth got me wondering if you have a sample scene that demonstrates the dragger function. That'd be super helpful.

Hi!

If you're using a skinned mesh, script order execution might be preventing the picker from updating the cloth after animation. Try changing the script execution order so that ObiClothPicker is updated last (go to ProjectSettings->ScriptExecutionOrder, and add ObiClothPicker to the end of the list).

Edit: Having to deal with the script execution order is a bit counterintuitive, so we'll probably come up with a better solution for (skinned meshes+picking) in upcoming versions. The green dress scene used in our blog post was a regular mesh on top of a MeshCollider, so no skeletal skinning involved.

Messages In This Thread
A few general questions - by rendezvous - 15-01-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 15-01-2018, 07:14 PM
RE: A few general questions - by rendezvous - 15-01-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 16-01-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: A few general questions - by rendezvous - 16-01-2018, 04:36 AM
RE: A few general questions - by josemendez - 16-01-2018, 09:38 AM