Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How does one disable "phase" based collision masking?
Pregunta 
I'd like to ensure that, in my project, everything is able to collide with everything else. However, each time I instantiate a rope, it has the same phase as the last rope I instantiated.

I'd like to disable this feature, as going in and editing each rope I instantiate to have a unique phase seems like it'd be a real pain.

Is there a way to do this? Or would I need to modify source code I don't have access to (e.g. in the DLL)?

EDIT: It appears that using self-collision doesn't just allow collision with the self, but also allows collision between *everything else* of the same phase, *except* rigidbodies, which mostly solves the problem: Just make sure everything has "Self Collision" enabled and that every particle actor uses phase 1, and every rigidbody uses phase 0.
The description is a bit misleading. (Also, as a side note, the term "phase" doesn't evoke the concept of collision. Usually phase is used to describe something's progress through a cycle, like rotation. Perhaps "layer" would be a better term.)

Messages In This Thread
How does one disable "phase" based collision masking? - by Hatchling - 15-05-2021, 01:57 AM