Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles
(19-10-2017, 08:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: 1). Yes, you can modify just about any property of the particles. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

2) Regardless of which type of collider you use, you can always make a compound collider by parenting multiple simpler meshes under one object (unless your use case makes this difficult for some reason). This works nicely (see for instance the FluidMill sample scene, where the mill is modelled as a compound collider)

Regarding the box, did you try to increase its ObiCollider thickness parameter slightly? (0.05, for instance)

Thanks Jose! 

I understand why it was wrong with my cube-example - Mass in Rigidbody was too small (as by default equal to 1), and in your  FluidMill example it is 100... So now I will try to understand about my SpringJoint. By the way, what is the mass of one fluid "particle" in Obi (with respect to default 1 in rigidbody)?

Have a nice weekend Guiño

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by josemendez - 05-07-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles - by popuz - 21-10-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by whack - 14-12-2021, 08:30 AM