Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles
(18-10-2017, 04:01 PM)popuz Wrote: Thanks, Jose. 
Now it became a little bit clearer and you answer will help. However, I have two more qestions:
1) Could I clamp position of the particles in some range? In general, have I some control on their positions?
2) You say: "Dynamic object using a non-kinematic rigidbody: OK". However, colliders are limited to be ONE convex mesh. The limitation is that only ONE mesh collider. I mean, that I can't make complex collision shape by arranging a bunch of simpler convex colliders (which is a classic approach for complex geometry rigidbodies). As example I tried to make a box with open upper part, but water go through (see the picture).... Is it possible to fix?

1). Yes, you can modify just about any property of the particles. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

2) Regardless of which type of collider you use, you can always make a compound collider by parenting multiple simpler meshes under one object (unless your use case makes this difficult for some reason). This works nicely (see for instance the FluidMill sample scene, where the mill is modelled as a compound collider)

Regarding the box, did you try to increase its ObiCollider thickness parameter slightly? (0.05, for instance)

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by josemendez - 05-07-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - Collisions - Performance tips - Gaps between particles - by josemendez - 19-10-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: ObiFluid Tunneling Issue - by whack - 14-12-2021, 08:30 AM