Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question
(04-01-2018, 12:43 PM)hmhmhm Wrote: Thank you Jose, for the quick and detailed reply. I had indeed not set the Mode to 2D. That immediately removed the problem of the particles leaving the 2D plane. I then checked the phases and they were 1 for the emitter and 0 for the game object by default. So all I did was change the mode to 2D, but that still leaves me with the problem of particles entering the object:

[Image: Z0vn9Lk.png]

This what the inspector looks like for the emitter:

[Image: dQOhqlw.png]

Is there anything else I am doing wrong?

Thank you for the hint regarding 'extending the ObiEmitterShape class'. Is there a tutorial or an example of this available for me to look at? I'm aiming for a triangle shape.

Once again thank you!

Hi!

Your emitter scale is negative. That means it is turned "inside out", so particles will collide with its inner walls. Set the Y scale to 0.1 instead and it will work as you expect.

Extending classes is a basic C# skill, so I assume you already know how to do that. The details on what to do when extending it are:

-Set samplingMethod to FILL in the Awake() method.
-Override the two abstract methods of the base class (SupportsAllSamplingMethods() and GenerateDistribution()).
-SupportsAllSamplingMethods should return false.
-In GenerateDistribution, simply fill the distribution List<> with distribution points. These are the places in the shape where the particles will spawn. Each point has a position and a velocity. You probably want their positions to resemble a triangle Guiño

All included emitter shapes (ObiEmitterShapeDisk, ObiEmitterShapeCube, ObiEmitterShapeEdge, etc) extend from ObiEmitterShape, so you can look at them as examples.

cheers Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question - by hmhmhm - 03-01-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: Obi Fluid Setup - Beginner Question - by josemendez - 04-01-2018, 07:25 PM