Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Particle Attachment issue
(05-02-2021, 08:39 PM)Hexagon Red Wrote: Thank you for your response. I tried my best to answer your questions below in red.

- what kind of attachments are you using? Static, dynamic, or both? Static
- what does your setup look like? Where’s the solver component in relation to the character and the rope? see image
- does your character hierarchy contain colliders? Not attached to character. Rope is attached to an empty that is outside of the backpack (has collider) that is attached to the character
- if so, are collisions between the rope and these colliders enabled?
- how are you moving your character around? Rigidbody/forces, setting transform, character controller...? Game Creator character controller

Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce any issues using a setup similar to yours. Would it be possible for you to share your project so that I can take a look (send it to support@virtualmethodstudio.com)

Quote:does your character hierarchy contain colliders? Not attached to character. Rope is attached to an empty that is outside of the backpack (has collider) that is attached to the character[/font][/size]

This counts as attaching to the character's bone hierarchy, since the backpack is part of the character's bone hierarchy. The question was if your hierarchy contains colliders.

Messages In This Thread
Particle Attachment issue - by Hexagon Red - 04-02-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by josemendez - 05-02-2021, 12:28 AM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by Hexagon Red - 05-02-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by josemendez - 08-02-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by Hexagon Red - 09-02-2021, 01:39 PM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by josemendez - 10-02-2021, 12:19 PM
RE: Particle Attachment issue - by Hexagon Red - 10-02-2021, 09:34 PM