Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Final IK
(12-01-2018, 06:57 PM)Deckard_89 Wrote: Thank you, this seems to have fixed it! You might want to make a note about the script execution order in the manual for people using Root Motion plug-ins, because for me Final IK was indeed set to be last, and I never would have figured that out if you hadn't told me.

Thanks again  Sonrisa

Hi all,
I am sorry to bump this thread. I would like to buy Obi Cloth , Can I ask can Obi Cloth work with Universla Game Engine, Game Kit Controller, COmbat Framework? By the diiscussin I heard some problem about LateUpdate, Fixed Update, I wonder there will be such problem for Obi Cloth when combined with such assets?
If this is not a appropriate question please feel free to delete this.
(16-02-2018, 10:59 AM)louiskoo Wrote: Hi all,
I am sorry to bump this thread. I would like to buy Obi Cloth , Can I ask can Obi Cloth work with Universla Game Engine, Game Kit Controller, COmbat Framework? By the diiscussin I heard some problem about LateUpdate, Fixed Update, I wonder there will be such problem for Obi Cloth when combined with such assets?

Hi there. Sorry I have not used any of those assets so I do not know if there would be conflict of any kind.
Cheers
(17-02-2018, 07:59 PM)Deckard_89 Wrote: Hi there. Sorry I have not used any of those assets so I do not know if there would be conflict of any kind.
Cheers

I asked that because I think any of such will control the player by constantly read input from keyboard or controller and try to update the animation.   
Thank you very much for you kind reply, anyway.
(16-02-2018, 10:59 AM)louiskoo Wrote: Hi all,

Hi there,

While I cannot 100% guarantee that it will work (as that would require testing with these particular assets), Obi can be updated in FixedUpdate(), LateUpdate(), and honors script execution order, so it should.

Has been tested and works fine with DynamicBone, FinalIK, PuppetMaster and similar products that both control and procedurally modify character animations, given that you set them up to update in the correct order (first animation, then procedural bone modification, then Obi). I see no reason for it to have any issue at all with any kind of player controller, no matter how complex.

cheers,
(18-02-2018, 06:30 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

While I cannot 100% guarantee that it will work (as that would require testing with these particular assets), Obi can be updated in FixedUpdate(), LateUpdate(), and honors script execution order, so it should.

Has been tested and works fine with DynamicBone, FinalIK, PuppetMaster and similar products that both control and procedurally modify character animations, given that you set them up to update in the correct order (first animation, then procedural bone modification, then Obi). I see no reason for it to have any issue at all with any kind of player controller, no matter how complex.

cheers,

Hi, thank very much for your explanation about the script order. I guess there will be no problem or problem can be addressed easily with your help here.
I'm also having problems with FinalIK that are probably related.
I have a character in VR controlled with FinalIK.VRIK, wearing a coat with my newly purchased ObiCloth.

With unregular intervals (1-2 secs) I see frames where the coat is standing in a T-pose.
For some reason I don't see this in the editor, but only when a make a release build.
Second problem is, I also see the delay of pinned parts I've read about in some other post.

My solver i set to LateUpdate and my Obi scripts are last except the ObiCharacter and ObiCharacterController.
I tried to double and half the FixedUpdate time, but it didn't change anything. 

I've also tried to hack around in the ObiSolver to see if I could get it to update all on LateUpdate and have cloth that would be less smooth but more reliable. That stuff is quite complicated and I'm fumbling around in the dark so I gave it up.

Any thought of what could cause the frame skips?
Guess it might be difficult to reproduce in another environment. Maybe I could debug it myself, but I could use a hint where to start.
I think I read somewhere that the delay problem was solved? Its a bit annoying, that especially the pinned parts are delayed, as these are close to the body and should be fixed.
Anyways I need to solve this or Obi will be useless to me.
Cheers
-Jim