Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to move an obi rope to another scene
(20-12-2020, 09:18 PM)KnotANumber Wrote: Hi! In my project, the player is an Obi Rope, and I encountered cases where I need to move the player to another scene which is loaded on top of the first, without despawning and respawning it. I was wondering if this is possible and if so, what is the process?

I see that Obi is creating a Burst/ObiColliderWorld in the scene where the player is at first, so I assume the new scene would probably need to have a Burst/ObiColliderWorld or I need to move the Burst/ObiColliderWorld with the player and I probably need to call some function to some how re-initialize it?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

The Burst/OniColliderWorld is automatically managed by Obi, you shouldn't need to create or destroy it manually. If you move your rope to a new scene and there's no collider world there, one will be created.

All you need to move to the new scene is your ObiSolver, your ObiUpdater (or assign the solver to a new one) and of course, your rope. For more info see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...cture.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to move an obi rope to another scene - by josemendez - 21-12-2020, 09:06 AM