Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!
(05-11-2020, 11:08 AM)josemendez Wrote:
The editor logs should contain everything logged since the Unity editor was opened, up to the point where it stopped responding. That's what I'm interested in. Only the player logs will be empty.

Seems like a bug in the Collections package then. We can't get any freezes with 0.8.0 preview.5. Can you try this version?

Back to your original question though: Using Burst is optional, not mandatory. The warning message you got in the sample scenes simply warns you that Burst-related components are in the scene, but can't be compiled since you lack the Burst dependencies. This has nothing to do at all with particle colors/lighting. You can just switch to the Oni backend instead and use the mobile version of the particle shader as I suggested above. That will fix both the freeze and the particle colors.
Hi,

"The editor logs should contain everything logged since the Unity editor was opened, up to the point where it stopped responding. That's what I'm interested in. Only the player logs will be empty."
Alright, I managed to find another Unity Editor log, and I hope this is the one that you're looking for.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BT54ZMD...sp=sharing

"Seems like a bug in the Collections package then. We can't get any freezes with 0.8.0 preview.5. Can you try this version?"
I did, and it still freeze upon clicking on the play button.

"You can just switch to the Oni backend instead and use the mobile version of the particle shader as I suggested above. That will fix both the freeze and the particle colors."
Yup, your suggestion on switching to SimpleParticleShader works well in mobile setting. 

I guess I'll be using Oni settings for a while until we can figure out how to solve this freeze issue. Much appreciated for your help and advice for these past few days. Gran sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
RE: The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing! - by eganki - 05-11-2020, 11:43 AM