Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't work in Unity 2020.1.41f
Quote:As per the post in the Unity-fora here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1.597238/

I cannot make a blueprint because of this error I get when I try to create one:

Assertion failed on expression: 'fRoot >= Vector3f::epsilon'
UnityEngine.Matrix4x4:get_rotation()
Obi.ObiUtils:GetPointCloudAnisotropy(List`1, Single, Single, Vector3&, Vector3&, Quaternion&, Vector3&) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/ObiUtils.cs:792)
Obi.<Initialize>d__10:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Blueprints/ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs:139)
Obi.<Generate>d__57:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprint.cs:292)
Obi.<Start>d__15:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/CoroutineJob.cs:99)
Obi.EditorCoroutine:ShowCoroutineProgressBar(String, IEnumerator&) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/EditorCoroutine.cs:21)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor:Generate() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:110)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:128)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Which means I can't get it work on my FBX because when I try "Bind Skin" I get this:

Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {nan, nan, nan, nan} l=nan
UnityEngine.Matrix4x4:TRS(Vector3, Quaternion, Vector3)
Obi.<BindSkin>d__17:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:180)
Obi.<Start>d__15:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/CoroutineJob.cs:99)
Obi.EditorCoroutine:ShowCoroutineProgressBar(String, IEnumerator&) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/EditorCoroutine.cs:21)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinnerEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Softbody/ObiSoftbodySkinnerEditor.cs:67)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

I'm unable to reproduce any of these. Would it be possible for you to send your mesh to our support email (support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)? This way I can test with the exact same input you're using and figure out the cause of this.

Based on the error message, my guess is that your mesh is non-manifold and has either overlapping vertices, zero-area faces, or zero-length edges, or a combination of these. This is what the fRoot >= Vector3f::epsilon assert hints at. Non-manifold meshes are not supported, and they should be fixed before using them. Not that using non-manifold meshes is good practice anywhere as they give rise to a plethora of issues, but for physics simulation they're specially problematic.

I've also seen cases of people using extremely small meshes (less than a millimeter in size, in Unity units), then compensate for this by using extremely large scale values in the transform hierarchy so that they render correctly. Floating point precision issues aside, since softbody blueprint generation works by quantizing vertices that are extremely close together, the entire miniature mesh is quantized to a single point in space. This might (might not) be your case, if so the solution is to use sane values for mesh vertices. Taking a look at the actual mesh will let us figure out the actual cause.

Quote:It also says I am sending forms too often so I cannot reply anywhere? WTF is this? I paid for this software!

This is typical antispam-filter measures. With no filters in place, spammers become a real pita. Machinegun-posting in most forums will only get you flagged as a spammer (re-sending the same posting form many times has the same effect, so you could have triggered the filters accidentally). If you need fast, personalized support, you can also write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. I usually answer within an hour, two hours tops, except during weekends.

Quote:I have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong. I cannot create new posts. I cannot create new threads. All I can do 10% of the time is edit this post. I keep getting errors every step of the way when I try something. This was supposed to save me time for a demo, but has so far cost more than is defensible. This is really frustrating.

This means the anti spam filters have flagged you as a spammer. Will manually unban you, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: I've whitelisted your user account, which was indeed flagged as a spammer account due to repeated posting in a very short period of time:

[Image: ON6pRvW.png]

The spam filter should no longer bother you, drop me a line to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com if problems with the forum persist.

Messages In This Thread
Doesn't work in Unity 2020.1.41f - by quakeulf - 10-09-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: Doesn't work in Unity 2020.1.41f - by josemendez - 14-09-2020, 11:28 AM