Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Issue Unity 2017.3.0F3
I received this error while importing Obi Cloth into my project

Assets/Obi/Rendering/ShadowmapExposer.cs(8,8): error CS0108: Warning as Error: `Obi.ShadowmapExposer.light' hides inherited member `UnityEngine.Component.light'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended

Because of this error I cant start my game any more Triste

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
(19-12-2017, 07:52 PM)DemeterDKD Wrote: I received this error while importing Obi Cloth into my project

Assets/Obi/Rendering/ShadowmapExposer.cs(8,8): error CS0108: Warning as Error: `Obi.ShadowmapExposer.light' hides inherited member `UnityEngine.Component.light'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended

Because of this error I cant start my game any more Triste

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

You can safely delete ShadowmapExposer.cs. It is only used in very specific scenarios where you want particle impostors to cast shadows from non-directional lights, when rendering cloth using the ObiParticleRenderer (which I highly doubt you'll ever need).

Our next update (3.3) will be checked for compatibility with most recent versions, including 2018.1.
(20-12-2017, 10:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: You can safely delete ShadowmapExposer.cs. It is only used in very specific scenarios where you want particle impostors to cast shadows from non-directional lights, when rendering cloth using the ObiParticleRenderer (which I highly doubt you'll ever need).

Our next update (3.3) will be checked for compatibility with most recent versions, including 2018.1.

PERFECT!!!
Im glad it was an easy fix! Thank you so much, having a blast playing with the settings now! Sonrisa