Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Collision Problem
[b][b]josemendez[/b][/b]  Hello.

I have a similar problem.

I'm making the game where ropes should be entangled between each other, and player should untangle them. So I need ropes which will not pass through each other in any way.
It looks like this:

[Image: fvs4czd_mp6HvP9-zevxRJLcOTZ9W_Trfjp_lTK2...0-h1816-rw]

Is this possible with obi ropes?
What I should add to obi Rope game object? Obi collider (with box collider or other?). Should I add obi rigid body to ropes?
I tried with 2 ropes with different blueprints, different phases for paths points and obi collider settigns, they are under the same obi solver and collision constraint is on. result the same: ropes passing through each other. There is some interaction, they affect each other on collision, but passed throug any way. 
On Lift example they passing every time (can't get results with a knot, like on that video above). on RopeAndJoints example they passing from time to time (but if I set ball to kinematic, so it will not move, they always pass through each other).

Using Unity 2019.4.6f1 and obi Ropes 5.3

For now I just want to know is this task really possible with obi ropes or I wasting time trying to do impossible.
But if you provide answers to other questions, configuration screenshots or even working example of two (or more) entangled  (for any version of unity, I will download and check) I will be really grateful.

Messages In This Thread
Collision Problem - by onurbas - 26-06-2020, 01:00 PM
RE: Collision Problem - by josemendez - 26-06-2020, 01:04 PM
RE: Collision Problem - by onurbas - 26-06-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Collision Problem - by pavelpipkin - 03-08-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: Collision Problem - by pavelpipkin - 03-08-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: Collision Problem - by josemendez - 03-08-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Collision Problem - by pavelpipkin - 03-08-2020, 07:04 PM