Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it
(01-06-2020, 10:46 AM)josemendez Wrote: Looks to me like no clusters are being generated. This could be due to the cluster radius being too small, this is mentioned in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

Code:
If parts of your softbody are detaching from it at runtime, it means your cluster network is fragmented. Use a larger soft cluster radius to ensure all clusters overlap with each other.

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your softbody to see what's happening with the particles. Chances are they are just moving independently from each other, due to no/few clusters being generated. If this is the case, increase your soft cluster radius a bit.

Okay, it worked, although there are still tiny glitches, but I think I should be able to resolve them.

1. What is the best way to scale the softbody? The spawned piece seems way bigger than the actual object and changing it's transform or even parent's transform does nothing.
2. How do I make the piece fall down with a "melting" effect? Right now, the piece seems too stiff, I want it to be super soft.

Almost there otherwise!

EDIT: Also some times the spawned softbody objects simply fall through the table platform, even if I have set them up correctly! (Different phases, collider Obi components), the only way to fix this is seemingly to quickly move the platform transform a little at spawn time of any softbody (+0.1f in Y-direction, wait for 0.01f seconds and then back, using a coroutine) and only then the softbodies start noticing it's presence! Is this a bug? (Could it be related to me using Enter quick play mode without domain reload in Unity?)

Messages In This Thread
Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 27-05-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 27-05-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 27-05-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 27-05-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 27-05-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 01-06-2020, 10:36 AM
RE: Lock Softbody Movement & Cut it - by arrnav96 - 01-06-2020, 12:24 PM