Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOS Build stuck
(19-05-2020, 07:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This is a known bug in Xcode, reported and confirmed by Apple. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=2124

For now the only workaround is to build using Xcode 11.3 our 11.3.1 and Obi 5.1. Write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and we'll provide any Obi version you need.

Updated Xcode 11.5.   build stuck at this status.
Unity 2019.3.0f6 .  Xcode 11.5 and Obi 5.3
(27-05-2020, 09:31 AM)GuanGuan Wrote: Updated Xcode 11.5.   build stuck at this status.
Unity 2019.3.0f6 .  Xcode 11.5 and Obi 5.3

Hi,

The bug hasn't been fixed yet in Xcode 11.5. Check the changelog.

The current workaround still applies: use 11.3.1 and Obi 5.1. Write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com if you need older Obi versions, including 5.1.
Dedo abajo 
I paid lot of money for all Obi stuff, but can't build?!! Nice job Virtual Methods!  Enfadado
(05-06-2020, 08:49 AM)Dmitry Wrote: I paid lot of money for all Obi stuff, but can't build?!! Nice job Virtual Methods!  Enfadado

It’s not our fault, and there is nothing we can do to fix it. It is a bug in XCode 11.4 and up, confirmed by Apple. The workaround is to use XCode 11.3.1 (latest one without the bug) and Obi 5.1 or 5.4 for bitcode compatibility. All other platforms build just fine. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=2124

Needless to say, if this is a dealbreaker for you just write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and we’ll refund your purchase(s).

Cheers,
(05-06-2020, 09:09 AM)josemendez Wrote: It’s not our fault, and there is nothing we can do to fix it. It is a bug in XCode 11.4 and up, confirmed by Apple. The workaround is to use XCode 11.3.1 and Obi 5.1 or 5.4. All other platforms build just fine.See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=2124

Needless to say, if this is a dealbreaker for you just write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and we’ll refund your purchase(s).

Cheers,

You can look for excuses, or solutions. I see that removing Obi - everything builds well. Although I use 15 different libraries. None create a similar effect.

Quote:Needless to say, if this is a dealbreaker for you just write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and we’ll refund your purchase(s).
Ahah. This will not cover the costs that I received due to your bug.
(05-06-2020, 09:13 AM)Dmitry Wrote: You can look for excuses, or solutions. I see that removing Obi - everything builds well. Although I use 15 different libraries. None create a similar effect.

Ahah. This will not cover the costs that I received due to your bug.

This is not our bug, as I just explained. All I can possibly do is try to help you around it, and offer a full refund.

All other compiler/IDEs, including previous XCode versions, build Obi just fine (exact same source code). Apple engineers themselves have admitted it is their bug, see the above link. Moreover, in my book, when a compiler crashes/hangs instead of outputting an error message or a succsessful build, it is always the compiler’s fault.

Obi makes heavy use of C++11 features, that probably other libraries don't. Support for some of these features seems to have broken in 11.4, there's nothing we can do.
(05-06-2020, 09:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: This is not our bug, as I just explained. All I can possibly do is try to help you around it, and offer a full refund.

I made a refund request
(05-06-2020, 09:24 AM)Dmitry Wrote: I made a refund request

Just answered your email. We need your invoice number in order to identify your purchase.
(05-06-2020, 09:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: Just answered your email. We need your invoice number in order to identify your purchase.

Done
Refund done. The store will return your money within 7-10 working days.

Remember that XCode 11.3.1 and older builds fine, in case you want to try it.