Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Crashes when entering Playmode in HDRP
Hello,

I am experiencing frequent crashes to desktop when using the Obi Rope asset in HDRP currently.  I have 12 rope actors in my scene.  Almost every-time I enter Play Mode with my Obi Ropes active, Unity will crash to desktop.  If I disable the Obi Solver gameobject (the gameobject containing the ropes as child objects) -- that is if I set them all inactive in the scene --  then the crashing stops.

I am currently using Unity 2019.3.3f1.  With High Definition RP package version 7.2.1.

According to the Crash.dmp and log files:
Dump Summary
------------
Dump File: crash.dmp : [path to file on computer redacted]
Last Write Time: [time redacted]
Process Name: Unity.exe : C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.3.3f1\Editor\Unity.exe
Process Architecture: x64
Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information: Not Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version: 10.0.18363
CLR Version(s):

Modules
-------
Module Name Module Path Module Version
----------- ----------- --------------
Unity.exe C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.3.3f1\Editor\Unity.exe 2019.3.3.60078
ntdll.dll C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 10.0.18362.778
kernel32.dll C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll 10.0.18362.778
KERNELBASE.dll C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll 10.0.18362.778

That's about all of the information I have on it right now.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions or need any more information.  

Overall, the asset is performing and doing what I want it too -- but the constant crashing (and having to restart Unity over and over again) is very taxing.

Thank you for any help or ideas you might have.

-  Velo
(07-05-2020, 12:18 AM)Velo2 Wrote: Hello,

I am experiencing frequent crashes to desktop when using the Obi Rope asset in HDRP currently.  I have 12 rope actors in my scene.  Almost every-time I enter Play Mode with my Obi Ropes active, Unity will crash to desktop.  If I disable the Obi Solver gameobject (the gameobject containing the ropes as child objects) -- that is if I set them all inactive in the scene --  then the crashing stops.

I am currently using Unity 2019.3.3f1.  With High Definition RP package version 7.2.1.

According to the Crash.dmp and log files:
Dump Summary
------------
Dump File: crash.dmp : [path to file on computer redacted]
Last Write Time: [time redacted]
Process Name: Unity.exe : C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.3.3f1\Editor\Unity.exe
Process Architecture: x64
Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information: Not Present

System Information
------------------
OS Version: 10.0.18363
CLR Version(s):

Modules
-------
Module Name Module Path Module Version
----------- ----------- --------------
Unity.exe C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.3.3f1\Editor\Unity.exe 2019.3.3.60078
ntdll.dll C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 10.0.18362.778
kernel32.dll C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll 10.0.18362.778
KERNELBASE.dll C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll 10.0.18362.778

That's about all of the information I have on it right now.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions or need any more information.  

Overall, the asset is performing and doing what I want it too -- but the constant crashing (and having to restart Unity over and over again) is very taxing.

Thank you for any help or ideas you might have.

-  Velo

Hi,

This is fixed in the upcoming release, 5.4. The update will be available in about a week.

kind regards,