Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Not Building on iOS and collisions issue
(03-05-2020, 05:24 PM)josemendez Wrote: Quoting myself in the previous post:
"For now, the only workaround is to use XCode 11.3 or 11.3.1 with Obi 5.1. Drop us a line at support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com if you need any previous version."

As you'd already know, iOS bitcode versions are not backwards compatible. To build with 11.3 you need Obi 5.1. Write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and I'll send it to you.

What do you mean by "logging"? Collisions, with or without callbacks, will not log anything to the console by default (unless you log some info yourself within the callback). I don't understand what you mean. Maybe if you actually explain what you want to achieve, I'll be able to help you. Do you want to trigger a function upon collision with a certain collider? Do you want to count collisions, or something similar? What have you tried so far? Can you share your callback functions, and the code you used to subscribe to the collision events?

For simulation:
- Create a ObiEmitter and assign a fluid blueprint.
- Add a ObiCollider component to any object you want to collide with the fluid.

For rendering:
- Add a ObiFluidRenderer to the camera(s) you want to render from, with the materials you want to use.
- Assign the particle renderers to the fluid renderer, making sure its "render" checkbox is disabled (to render the fluid surface only, not the particles)

Not much else to do. From that point on it's all parameter-tweaking until you get the results you need. For a subject as complex as fluid simulation (that usually requires quite deep knowledge both about physics and rendering) I'd say setup is rather simple. What are you having problems with? In your opinon is there any part of the manual that would need to improve?

Hi, Thank you so much for being so responsive. let me tell you what i am trying to achieve. First i want to know the particle location in the scene which i was trying to achieve by using a plane with obi collider and using the collider callback to just simply log a message about the collision on to the  console using debug.Log which is not doing anything. I have got the water working and every thing is perfect and i appreciate your work. Second i am trying to use unity particles  to create some bubbles in the water and they don't show where the water is if you could help me with that please. 

Basically i want to know if something is inside the water and not outside if you could please help me. The whole project is stuck there. 
I'll send an email to to get the older version of obi as well. Thank for that. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Building on iOS and collisions issue - by Rohaan081622 - 05-05-2020, 01:33 AM