Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Not Building on iOS and collisions issue
(05-05-2020, 08:47 AM)Rohaan081622 Wrote: Thank you for your help but i have another problem now apart from these. The simple2dshader is not there in the 5.1 and ive tried to put them in from the newer version and it has an error. See the picture below. In terms of particles, i am working on a 3d project but for mobile i've been using simple2dwater. and the particle system does not show. I can screen share if you want but cant show the picture here as i am bound by the agreement. sorry

Hi,

Just checked our git history, the shader is also there in 5.1, it hasn't been removed/moved/renamed/replaced or anything (the SimpleFluid scene wouldn't work at all otherwise). The resources and samples are exactly the same as the ones provided in 5.2 and 5.3. If you copy files around (which should not be necessary) make sure the files included by the shader, in this case ObiParticles.cginc, are right beside it.

The simple renderer/shader is meant for 2D, it doesn't make use of a depth buffer so it won't intersect 3D objects correctly. From the manual:

Quote:ObiSimpleFluidRenderer :Will render 2D fluid without depth testing, refraction, uniform color, no lightning, at half screen resolution. This is useful for mobile devices and less powerful GPUs.
(05-05-2020, 08:51 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Just checked our git history, the shader is also there in 5.1, it hasn't been removed/moved/renamed/replaced or anything (the SimpleFluid scene wouldn't work at all otherwise). The resources and samples are exactly the same as the ones provided in 5.2 and 5.3. If you copy files around (which should not be necessary) make sure the files included by the shader, in this case ObiParticles.cginc, are right beside it.

The simple renderer/shader is meant for 2D, it doesn't make use of a depth buffer so it won't intersect 3D objects correctly. From the manual:

I have sent you a video on your email to have a look about the particles. I have deleted include ObiParticles.cginc from the shader script and its fine.
(05-05-2020, 09:03 AM)Rohaan081622 Wrote: I have sent you a video on your email to have a look about the particles. I have deleted include ObiParticles.cginc from the shader script and its fine.

If you delete the file or the include directive, the shader will not work at all.  Huh

Going to take a look at the video.
(05-05-2020, 09:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: If you delete the file or the include directive, the shader will not work at all.  Huh

Going to take a look at the video.

Its working fine to be honest. Thank you so much you are very helpful. I will be updating my review
(05-05-2020, 09:20 AM)Rohaan081622 Wrote: Its working fine to be honest. Thank you so much you are very helpful. I will be updating my review

No worries Sonrisa. If it works, it works. Maybe it was a copy of the shader, or the downgrade went wrong somehow. Let me know if you need further help.
(05-05-2020, 09:40 AM)josemendez Wrote: No worries Sonrisa. If it works, it works. Maybe it was a copy of the shader, or the downgrade went wrong somehow. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you so much. You are awesome!!!