Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Freezing on newer ios devices
Hi,

I am using the Obi Fluid library in my game on ios - you can see it in use in the "Water" and "Laundry Detergent" screenshots here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/slime/id1418495361

The game works fine on my iphone SE, and also an old ipad air that I have.  However I have had a friend test it with an iphone 11 report that the game will freeze on these screens after a few seconds of the liquid pouring.  He said the game doesn't crash and close as such, it will just freeze and stop working.  I've also had reviews mention it freezes at this same point, one with a 2019 ipad.

I am also using Obi Fluid with the simple fluid renderer that you can see in the last 2 screenshots of the game (the slime bucket challenge part of the game), and he reports it freezes after a few seconds there as well.

I am using Obi Fluid 4.1 in Unity 2018.4.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a newer versiion of Obi 4 that would fix it?  Would Obi 5 fix it?  I would prefer not to go to Obi 5 if I can avoid it as there are other libraries I'm using that won't work in Unity 2019.2

Thanks.
Hi,

This is a known issue that only affects the A12 cpu used by newer iOS devices. It was fixed in 4.3. You simply need to replace the iOS engine library (Obi/Plugins/iOS/libOni.a) with an updated version.

Write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and I'll send it to you.

cheers,
(09-04-2020, 08:15 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This is a known issue that only affects the A12 cpu used by newer iOS devices. It was fixed in 4.3. You simply need to replace the iOS engine library (Obi/Plugins/iOS/libOni.a) with an updated version.

Write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and I'll send it to you.

cheers,

Thanks!  I've just sent you an email.