Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Scene Raclette, The adaptation of the android platform.
(07-04-2020, 10:51 AM)GuanGuan Wrote: But objects can receive diectional light...
Fluid can only receive global illumination?
There are other light source can replace it?

I think you misunderstand what global illumination is. Light is made up of (very roughly speaking) 3 components: ambient + direct + specular. All objects receive all 3, including fluid. If you take a look at your original picture, you'll see the environment and the platforms also look quite dark. Fluid still shows reflections (specular) and it's not pitch black thanks to direct light. So the only thing missing in the scene is GI (ambient) light.

Ambient light is the base light color. If you have no ambient light, things will look rather bleak and dark because their only source of illumination would be direct lighting. When in shadow, objects will look completely black because no direct light is reaching them, and there's no ambient light. So you can't rely only on direct directional light (unless your scene takes place on the moon).

Now, ambient light can come from (from cheapest to most expensive):
  • a uniform color / baked GI.
  • a hemispheric/3 point spherical model.
  • Realtime global illumination.

You're using the last one (which is the most expensive one), while targeting mobile devices. Many devices won't support it, and the ones that do, will spend a significant amount of resources rendering it. I'd switch to something simpler.

As said, this is not related to Obi in any way. You should use appropriate lightning settings for the device range you need to target, I can't help you with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scene Raclette, The adaptation of the android platform. - by josemendez - 07-04-2020, 11:02 AM