Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solver Translation disable collisions with other rigidbodies
I have a rope and it has a ball bouncing only vertically (x,z position are freeze and all rotations are freeze). the collision of ball with the rope is perfect but when i move the solver slightly ball passes through the rope.
kindly answer my question.
regards
(07-04-2020, 01:17 AM)noman fareed Wrote: I have a rope and it has a ball bouncing only vertically (x,z position are freeze and all rotations are freeze). the collision of ball with the rope is perfect but when i move the solver slightly ball passes through the rope.
kindly answer my question.
regards

Hi there,

Only after I move the solver away from the origin significantly (say 200 units), I start to experience floating point precision-related issues. This is because all rigidbody quantities (linear and angular velocities, torques, etc) are expressed in world space. For the time being, keeping the solver closer to the scene origin is the only workaround.

In v5.3 (which will be released before April 14th) we have greatly increased floating point precision for rigidbodies by expressing them in solver space instead, so this will no longer apply.