Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a chocolate syrup
Canyou suggest me some properties to get a fluid like Chocolat syrup? Also I want it to optimize to mobile so how should i set it? Thanks
(04-04-2020, 11:07 AM)Ronnie Wrote: Canyou suggest me some properties to get a fluid like Chocolat syrup? Also I want it to optimize to mobile so how should i set it? Thanks

Hi there,

Crank up viscosity to 1.5-2, and leave surface tension at 0.7-1

There's lots of parameters that affect performance, both for rendering and simulation, so without knowing what's your bottleneck you can't do much. Profile your scene in the target device, and then focus your optimization efforts on the parts that take most time. For instance: if rendering takes up most of your frame time, center your efforts on making a cheaper fluid shader, or reducing rendering resolution.
I'm trying to give the fluid a brown color but it shows dark black. How to fix this?
(06-04-2020, 09:43 AM)Ronnie Wrote: I'm trying to give the fluid a brown color but it shows dark black. How to fix this?

What materials are you using for the fluid renderer?
(06-04-2020, 09:52 AM)josemendez Wrote: What materials are you using for the fluid renderer?

Color mat - fluidColorBlend
Fluid mat - DielectricFluid

Also i see continuous disturbance in the shape of fluid at the point where it is generating and one or two particles getting out of it in a random direction.
(06-04-2020, 12:11 PM)Ronnie Wrote: Color mat - fluidColorBlend
Fluid mat - DielectricFluid

Also i see continuous disturbance in the shape of fluid at the point where it is generating and one or two particles getting out of it in a random direction.

Hi Ronnie,

The dielectric fluid material is intended for transparent materials such as water or honey, that exhibit refraction and transmission. A dielectric with high thickness scale and a dark brown-ish color will absorb most light and result in pitch black fluid.

Chocolate is mostly opaque so you should be using OpaqueFluid instead as your fluid material, and fluidColorOpaque for alpha-based color blending as stated in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html

Quote:FluidColorOpaque uses alpha blending to accumulate the color of each particle.
OpaqueFluid uses simple surface shading to render the fluid, similar to Unity's Standard shader. Use this for opaque fluids like ketchup or paint.

Regarding the "continuous disturbance", can you be more specific, or share a video of it? Emission should be quite stable if not perfect, because amount of particles emitted per frame and their spacing is calculated to reduce pressure spikes to a minimum.
(06-04-2020, 12:18 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Ronnie,

The dielectric fluid material is intended for transparent materials such as water or honey, that exhibit refraction and transmission. A dielectric with high thickness scale and brown-sih color will absorb most light and result in pitch black fluid.

Chocolate is mostly opaque so you should be using OpaqueFluid instead as your fluid material, and fluidColorOpaque for alpha-based color blending as stated in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html

Regarding the "continuous disturbance", can you be more specific, or share a video of it? Emission should be quite stable if not perfect, because amount of particles emitted per frame and their spacing is calculated to reduce pressure spikes to a minimum.

It is showing me errors when I'm trying to attach the 0.1 MB video
(06-04-2020, 12:53 PM)Ronnie Wrote: It is showing me errors when I'm trying to attach the 0.1 MB video

Just send it to our support email: support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.