Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  (Solved) Ropes allowing objects to pass through them
Just bought the asset as an alternative to janky rigidbody/hinge based unity ropes. I really like it so far, but I'm struggling with an unexpected behaviour.

My game requires that ropes prevent unity physics objects from passing through them. Ropes are used to block npcs and players from passing through to certain areas, and they are also used to hold physics objects in place before the user cuts them down.

The attached gif shows two identical ropes / solvers. The one of the right has kinematic rigidbodies below it to show that collision between ropes and unity physics objects is working as expected. On the left you see dynamic rigidbodies falling down onto a rope fixed at both ends. My problem is that in this case the objects are able to easily pass through the rope. Smaller objects are completely unaffected by it. The larger the falling object the more significant the interaction with the rope, but none of them behave as I would expect.

Is there any advice you could give to help me improve the rope's ability to "carry" or "hold" other objects, and prevent them from passing through?

[Image: 95HL3cg.gif]

SOLVER:
[Image: TzeffDf.png]

ROPE:
[Image: C394Fsb.png]

Messages In This Thread
(Solved) Ropes allowing objects to pass through them - by SpiralCircus - 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM