Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  2D Animation in 3D Surrounding
(11-04-2020, 03:29 PM)Klaas Wrote: Hi,

so for some reason the issue from my last post disappeared, but now I'm trying to get the Particle system to work. 

I scaled everything up, but the moving particles from the particle system stay in the small scale from before. 

I start to feel stupid for all the things I'm asking, but I really tried to get it done. I've got no idea why this doesn't work.

Thanks and best wishes,
Klaas

Hi Klaas,

This is actually a bug, caused by diffuse particles being passed to the engine in world space, while it expects them in solver space. It has been corrected in 5.3, which we uploaded to the store a couple days ago. If it isn't live now it should be very soon.

Keep in mind though that Unity's ParticleSystems have several scaling modes, each of them behaves differently. The one by default (local) does not behave like you seem to expect: it ignores scale values dictated by the object hierarchy. Setting the scaling mode to hierarchy will allow the particle system to inherit the scale of parent objects. In addition to our bug, this may be interfering with you getting the results you're after.

Also, we squeezed a slight adjustment in 5.3 that makes 2D colliders extend infinitely in the Z axis, for better consistency with how 2D colliders in Unity work. Thought you'd appreciate this based on your previous questions Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 01-04-2020, 10:54 AM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 01-04-2020, 10:55 PM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 10-04-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by Klaas - 11-04-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: 2D Animation in 3D Surrounding - by josemendez - 11-04-2020, 04:38 PM