Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Change Rope Particle Transform
Hi,

how do i change the specific rope particle position on RUNTIME?
i want to change particle position with mouse input.

thanks
Hi, 

Did you try to add Obi Particle Dragger+Picker Components on your rope object ?
It also needs a LineRenderer component to work, which is going to be added automatically.
(31-03-2020, 10:35 AM)slugGoddess Wrote: Hi, 

It also needs a LineRenderer component to work, which is going to be added automatically.

Hi 

i want it on runtime.

anyhow i tried this component nothing happened.

(31-03-2020, 10:35 AM)slugGoddess Wrote: Hi, 

Can you help me to use this component?
Hi,

This component works at runtime. You add it to a rope, then at runtime you can click on its particles and drag them around. Simple as that.

Can you describe your use case in more detail, and what things you've tried that did not work?
(31-03-2020, 10:31 AM)sadiq Wrote: Hi,

how do i change the specific rope particle position on RUNTIME?
i want to change particle position with mouse input.

thanks

Thanks Man. It's work.

(31-03-2020, 11:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This component works at runtime. You add it to a rope, then at runtime you can click on its particles and drag them around. Simple as that.

Can you describe your use case in more detail, and what things you've tried that did not work?

Thanks sir

It is working but sometimes rope breaks in pieces when i tried to pick and drag.

this method i am using in Picker drag event.
public void Drag()
        {

solver.positions[this.GetComponent<ObiRope>().solverIndices[index]] = pos;
}

Kindly guide me.
Hi Josemendz,

i used obi particle picker and dragger to control rope with mouse. it works perfectly with single rope not for multiple.  i want multiple ropes control with mouse separately. is this possible?
if yes, then how can i achieve this?

thanks

In attachment: Red is not directly picked with mouse. I picked only yellow, red automatically follow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-04-2020, 11:23 AM)sadiq Wrote: Hi Josemendz,

i used obi particle picker and dragger to control rope with mouse. it works perfectly with single rope not for multiple.  i want multiple ropes control with mouse separately. is this possible?
if yes, then how can i achieve this?

thanks

In attachment: Red is not directly picked with mouse. I picked only yellow, red automatically follow.

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this, picking a particle picks only that one particle, regardless of how many ropes are there in the scene. Can you describe your setup?(ropes/solvers/pickers)?
(01-04-2020, 11:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this, picking a particle picks only that one particle, regardless of how many ropes are there in the scene. Can you describe your setup?(ropes/solvers/pickers)?

2 ropes with separate solvers and pickers.
(01-04-2020, 11:47 AM)sadiq Wrote:  2 ropes with separate solvers and pickers.

Reproduced. There was a bug in the picker/dragger when using multiple solvers at different positions/orientations. Replace both ObiParticleDragger.cs and ObiParticlePicker.cs with the ones I'm attaching, it will fix the issue.

Thanks for reporting this!

Attached Files
.cs   ObiParticlePicker.cs (Size: 3.83 KB / Downloads: 9)
.cs   ObiParticleDragger.cs (Size: 2.2 KB / Downloads: 9)
(01-04-2020, 01:19 PM)josemendez Wrote: Reproduced. There was a bug in the picker/dragger when using multiple solvers at different positions/orientations. Replace both ObiParticleDragger.cs and ObiParticlePicker.cs with the ones I'm attaching, it will fix the issue.

Thanks

(01-04-2020, 01:19 PM)josemendez Wrote: Reproduced. There was a bug in the picker/dragger when using multiple solvers at different positions/orientations. Replace both ObiParticleDragger.cs and ObiParticlePicker.cs with the ones I'm attaching, it will fix the issue.

i tried these scripts but one end of ropes behave strange(move randomly). 

Btw i resolved the by copy new rope from sample scene with resolver.