• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug / Crash  iOS Xcode build stuck
To recreate the problem do this steps:
1. Create an empty Unity project in Unity 2019.2.20f1
2. Import latest version of Obi Rope
3. Add sample scenes into build settings
4. Export
5. Build in Xcode
6. Its stuck on first Ld command in Xcode forever. something is going on with ios library (dll) file

Last log where it gets stucked:

Quote:Ld /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Binary/noodlesdoodles normal arm64 (in target 'Unity-iPhone' from project 'Unity-iPhone')
    cd /Users/glebpalchin/Desktop/Builds/iOS/Obi_Test
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -target arm64-apple-ios9.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS13.4.sdk -L/Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/glebpalchin/Desktop/Builds/iOS/Obi_Test -L/Users/glebpalchin/Desktop/Builds/iOS/Obi_Test/Libraries -L/Users/glebpalchin/Desktop/Builds/iOS/Obi_Test/Libraries/Obi/Plugins/iOS -F/Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -filelist /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/noodlesdoodles.LinkFileList -Xlinker -map -Xlinker /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/noodlesdoodles-LinkMap-normal-arm64.txt -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/noodlesdoodles_lto.o -fembed-bitcode -Xlinker -bitcode_verify -Xlinker -bitcode_hide_symbols -Xlinker -bitcode_symbol_map -Xlinker /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -Xlinker -final_output -Xlinker /Applications/noodlesdoodles.app/noodlesdoodles -stdlib=libc++ -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -weak_framework CoreMotion -weak-lSystem -framework Security -framework MediaToolbox -liPhone-lib -framework CoreText -framework AudioToolbox -weak_framework AVFoundation -framework AVKit -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreMedia -weak_framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework Foundation -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework SystemConfiguration -framework UIKit -liconv.2 -lil2cpp -lOni -framework GameKit -weak_framework StoreKit -weak_framework Metal -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/noodlesdoodles_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/glebpalchin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cnobtpkwduqzclewvxytgxrmiror/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Binary/noodlesdoodles
(26-03-2020, 12:06 PM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: To recreate the problem do this steps:
1. Create an empty Unity project in Unity 2019.2.20f1
2. Import latest version of Obi Rope
3. Add sample scenes into build settings
4. Export
5. Build in Xcode
6. Its stuck on first Ld command in Xcode forever. something is going on with ios library (dll) file

Last log where it gets stucked:

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this, compiles and runs just fine for me.

Also, the library comes precompiled, so not possible for XCode to get stuck while compiling the library file. -ld is the linker, something else is going on with your XCode project. Can you get it to compile run a project without the lib?
(26-03-2020, 12:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this, compiles and runs just fine for me.

Also, the library comes precompiled, so not possible for XCode to get stuck while compiling the library file. -ld is the linker, something else is going on with your XCode project. Can you get it to compile run a project without the lib?

I only tested several projects without Obi Rope, and it builds, as soon as I import Obi Rope it gets stuck, also there was some Mac OS and Xcode updates these days, and today also I got a Xcode update.

I will try to build with this library deleted.

I am unable to build in Xcode with the iOS folder deleted  Astuto Gran sonrisa

I am getting 100 errors (Undefined something blabla)
(26-03-2020, 12:22 PM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: I only tested several projects without Obi Rope, and it builds, as soon as I import Obi Rope it gets stuck, also there was some Mac OS and Xcode updates these days, and today also I got a Xcode update.

I will try to build with this library deleted.

I am unable to build in Xcode with the iOS folder deleted  Astuto  Gran sonrisa

I am getting 100 errors (Undefined something blabla)

I meant running a project without Obi in it, not deleting the entire iOS folder. That guarantees a non-compiling build.

Still can't reproduce it. Some searching returns people having Xcode hang at the linking stage because of incorrect platform/SDK settings:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/1380...gquot.html
(26-03-2020, 01:51 PM)josemendez Wrote: I meant running a project without Obi in it, not deleting the entire iOS folder. That guarantees a non-compiling build.

Still can't reproduce it. Some searching returns people having Xcode hang at the linking stage because of incorrect platform/SDK settings:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/1380...gquot.html

Ok then as I said, with only deleting Obi Rope from project everything works fine, and the thread you shared with me is 9 years old, it is not relevant anymore.

Do you think it is somehow related to xcode, not to Obi?
(26-03-2020, 02:00 PM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: Ok then as I said, with only deleting Obi Rope from project everything works fine, and the thread you shared with me is 9 years old, it is not relevant anymore.

Do you think it is somehow related to xcode, not to Obi?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with xcode.

As said, Obi's physics engine comes precompiled (the libOni.a file) and the C# wrapper is compiled by Unity when generating the xcode project. So all Obi related code arrives at xcode compiled and ready to be run. For some reason, xcode is choking when linking the project, but really sounds like a xcode issue. It should either link successfully, or return a linker error, not get stuck forever.

What Xcode version are you using, btw?
(26-03-2020, 04:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: I'm pretty sure it has something to do with xcode.

As said, Obi's physics engine comes precompiled (the libOni.a file) and the C# wrapper is compiled by Unity when generating the xcode project. So all Obi related code arrives at xcode compiled and ready to be run. For some reason, xcode is choking when linking the project, but really sounds like a xcode issue. It should either link successfully, or return a linker error, not get stuck forever.

What Xcode version are you using, btw?

I ma using Version 11.4 (11E146)
(26-03-2020, 04:58 PM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: I ma using Version 11.4 (11E146)

11.3.1 here. Will try using 11.4, see if I can reproduce it.
(26-03-2020, 05:00 PM)josemendez Wrote: 11.3.1 here. Will try using 11.4, see if I can reproduce it.

Hey
Any results?
(27-03-2020, 09:34 AM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: Hey
Any results?

Haven't had the time to test it yet, my apologies. Will do today, tomorrow morning in the worst case, and get back to you once done.