Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About Unity version and Mobile Performance
Hi, 

I would like to buy Obi Fluid for my mobile game. But before purchasing, I want to get some information about;

- Can I use Obi Fluid on Unity 2018.4.14f1(because of LTS support) ?
- Is Obi Fluid optimized for mobile devices? 
- Is there any minimum system requirements for mobile devices for running Obi Fluid smoothly?

Thanks in advance.
(26-03-2020, 09:36 AM)relevantname Wrote: - Can I use Obi Fluid on Unity 2018.4.14f1(because of LTS support) ?
- Is Obi Fluid optimized for mobile devices? 
- Is there any minimum system requirements for mobile devices for running Obi Fluid smoothly?

- Only version 4.X can be used in 2018. The latest versions (5.0, 5.1 and 5.2) require 2019.2 or higher. With a invoice number for 5.X, we can provide any previous version on request, as far back as 3.2.

- It's extremely well optimized for all platforms: written in native code (C++14), fully multithreaded, hand-optimized SIMD. This does not mean you can throw anything at it though, or that it will run at 60 fps in any device. Particle-based fluid simulation is *very* costly and should be used with care.

- Again, it depends on what you're planning to do with it, and what your definition of smoothly is. We're able to run 1000 particles at +60 fps, 0.02 seconds/timestep on an iPhone 7. Whether this is enough depends on what type of device you're targeting, how much detail/amount of particles you need in the simulation, what kind of interaction with the fluid you want to have, how complex your ideal rendering/lightning model is, and many other considerations.