Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Cloth
I use Unity2019.3.2, Obi cloth 5.0. I have models of Chinese opera. Its sleeve is a little special. If you do not add particle collisions, the lower part of the sleeve will wear, but if you add particle collisions, the sleeve will shake and the sleeve will go wrong. What should I do? What should I do?
(24-03-2020, 07:52 AM)YuanWenQiang Wrote: I use Unity2019.3.2, Obi cloth 5.0. I have models of Chinese opera. Its sleeve is a little special. If you do not add particle collisions, the lower part of the sleeve will wear, but if you add particle collisions, the sleeve will shake and the sleeve will go wrong. What should I do? What should I do?

Hi there,

Are you using skin constraints? Relying on particle collisions for this is a bit brittle, since fast hand movements will often cause tunneling.

You could try increasing the radius of the particles in the sleeves, to alleviate tunneling.

kind regards,
(25-03-2020, 12:30 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Are you using skin constraints? Relying on particle collisions for this is a bit brittle, since fast hand movements will often cause tunneling.

You could try increasing the radius of the particles in the sleeves, to alleviate tunneling.

kind regards,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to increase the particle radius, but the effect didn't improve. In fact, I don't have to realize the normal swing of the sleeve through particle collision. Because I don't know a good way, particle collisions are just one of my tests. I don't know how you used to operate this two-layer cloth close to the model?
(25-03-2020, 12:48 PM)YuanWenQiang Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I tried to increase the particle radius, but the effect didn't improve. In fact, I don't have to realize the normal swing of the sleeve through particle collision. Because I don't know a good way, particle collisions are just one of my tests. I don't know how you used to operate this two-layer cloth close to the model?

Is the model two-sided? (that is, is the cloth thick?) In that case, you should be using proxies to simulate only one layer, and have the second layer be driven by the first. Take a look at the CharacterCloth sample scene, it uses proxies for the same purpose.

Also, see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...oxies.html
(25-03-2020, 12:59 PM)josemendez Wrote: Is the model two-sided? (that is, is the cloth thick?) In that case, you should be using proxies to simulate only one layer, and have the second layer be driven by the first. Take a look at the CharacterCloth sample scene, it uses proxies for the same purpose.

Also, see:

Well. I'll study it better. Thank you
(25-03-2020, 12:59 PM)josemendez Wrote: Is the model two-sided? (that is, is the cloth thick?) In that case, you should be using proxies to simulate only one layer, and have the second layer be driven by the first. Take a look at the CharacterCloth sample scene, it uses proxies for the same purpose.

Also, see:

Sorry to bother you again. My problems still exist. Forgive my poor English. This is the default model, with wide sleeves. When running, there will be sleeve self intersection. How to deal with this situation? In the attachment there are pictures and my notes. Thank you