Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fast moving collisions with rope
Currently I have an object that pushes the rope around but sometimes the rope gets inside it and then gets launched upward (like a rubberband)
Also when the pushing object is moving fast past the rope, the rope will ignore it. Any way to have accurate collisions even at high speeds?
(15-03-2020, 06:15 PM)dotyou Wrote: Currently I have an object that pushes the rope around but sometimes the rope gets inside it and then gets launched upward (like a rubberband)
Also when the pushing object is moving fast past the rope, the rope will ignore it. Any way to have accurate collisions even at high speeds?

Hi,

Take a look at this video, it explains tunneling / collisions at fast speeds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk
(15-03-2020, 07:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Take a look at this video, it explains tunneling / collisions at fast speeds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk

Thanks I watched and tried it out but the rope keeps spazzing out.
Is there any way to fix the spazzing? I tried playing around with the settings on the solver but not working out for me. Its too rubberbandy. I do have a ragdoll attached to the bottom of it. Is it due to the weight of that?
(15-03-2020, 11:46 PM)dotyou Wrote: Thanks I watched and tried it out but the rope keeps spazzing out.
Is there any way to fix the spazzing? I tried playing around with the settings on the solver but not working out for me. Its too rubberbandy. I do have a ragdoll attached to the bottom of it. Is it due to the weight of that?

Hi,

Without seeing it in action, (video, at least some captures) it's very difficult to tell. Increasing the amount of substeps (in the Updater component) increases simulation quality, so it might help in your case. There might be less costly solutions to your situation, though. But based on the description alone it's hard to tell.