Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  What should I do to make the fluid collide correctly with a skinned mesh character?
Hello obi guys! I've bought obi cloth and obi fluid and I really enjoy them. They're amazing tools! Sonrisa

I want to make a scene that a character is taking shower.  So I'm trying to make the fluid collide with the character's body correctly. 

But you know a character's colliders can't be the mesh colliders because it's too complex and needs updating when the character acts which also costs heavily. 

It's like capsules and cubes combined into a simple human shape, which are used as ragdoll colliders.  

So, now the fluid reacts to the ragdoll colliders but it doesn't meet my expectation. 

I checked your manual I found distance field may solve this but it turned out that it didn't support the skinned mesh ((skeletal animation).

Huh I've been stuck  for 2 days soI have to ask for help here.

Any way to make it possible that the fluid collide with a skeletal character accurately?

Please give me any tips or hints. Corazón
(12-02-2020, 12:36 PM)Books Wrote: Hello obi guys! I've bought obi cloth and obi fluid and I really enjoy them. They're amazing tools! Sonrisa

I want to make a scene that a character is taking shower.  So I'm trying to make the fluid collide with the character's body correctly. 

But you know a character's colliders can't be the mesh colliders because it's too complex and needs updating when the character acts which also costs heavily. 

It's like capsules and cubes combined into a simple human shape, which are used as ragdoll colliders.  

So, now the fluid reacts to the ragdoll colliders but it doesn't meet my expectation. 

I checked your manual I found distance field may solve this but it turned out that it didn't support the skinned mesh ((skeletal animation).

Huh I've been stuck  for 2 days soI have to ask for help here.

Any way to make it possible that the fluid collide with a skeletal character accurately?

Please give me any tips or hints. Corazón

Hi,

You can't make fluid collide with deformable bodies. In fact, full collision detection against deformable meshes is *extremely* expensive and avoided altogether in pretty much all engines. Also, distance fields precalculate the distance from any point in space to the surface of the object, this cannot be done if the object deforms, so DFs only work with rigid objects.

The only way you can make fluid collide with a character is by approximating each bone with primitive collider (capsules, boxes, spheres). No way around it. Triste