Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid Render Material Modification
(12-10-2017, 11:56 AM)x-lab Wrote: Hi Jose, all liquid sample scenes weren't doing anything out of the box.. but enabling "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer, allowed me to see the particles of the liquids.
I'm using Unity 2017.1 in Windows, and right now I'm testing in Nvidia 760 graphic card; I will test later today in a 1080 card and tell you if it was fixed.

I also tried all your other suggestions.. radius scale didnt affect the fluid renderer, and disabling "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer, only makes everything invisible.

On the other hand, in my application I'm trying to fill a cup (picture attached) in some VR app. I reduced radio of particle to 0.08, but it looks like the particles behave as the particle actual size is 1 regardless of the renderer (render=graphic part only, got it).. In the second picture there is my same cup example with radius 1.72 (as suggested by you), and.. well, it looks bad Gran sonrisa I hope i don't have to re scale my entire app to match the particle behaviour. But I'm sure you solution can handle what i intend to do, Please get me out of my ignorance. Thanks, Nestor

Hi there,

Some considerations:
- Fluid surface will only be rendered trough in-game cameras, since rendering works as a screen-space post process. It will not be visible in the scene view.

- If your fluid is not visible trough in-game cameras unless you enable the ObiParticleRenderer "render" checkbox, it means the ObiFluidRenderer is not working properly. This can be due to shader compatibility issues, which we shall investigate further once you confirm whether it works for you in a different GPU.

- To change the actual simulation resolution (the physical size of the particles), change the fluid material "resolution". Higher resolutions will yield smaller particles. If you've ever used any other fluid simulator (RealFlow,Bifrost,etc) this parameter works exactly as it does in them. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...rials.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBU200yVu_c

Setting the ObiParticleRenderer's "radius scale" to 1.7 - 2 is only used when you don´t render the particles but the actual surface, since you need particles to overlap a bit to avoid gaps in the surface.

Messages In This Thread
Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by josemendez - 12-10-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 13-10-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 16-10-2017, 01:48 PM