Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid Render Material Modification
(11-10-2017, 03:16 PM)x-lab Wrote: Hello,

I recently purchased all Obi solutions, and out of the Box, only few example Scenes were working as shown in the video.
But anyway, after reading some documentation I was able to enable particle rendering. However, right now I was hoping to see and use fluids with the same textures seen in the videos (semitransparent glossy fluids).
I already red the Documentation regarding Obi Fluid Renderer.
But so far only particles show up.
I already tried modifying the Color Material and Fluid Material in the Obi Fluid Renderer, but so far it's doing nothing.
Am I missing something here?
Before I leave a review, I trust you could help me out achieving what I bought your product for, please?

Thank you,
X-lab

Hi there,

What sample scenes are you having issues with, and what platform are you running on? Also, what shader model does your graphics card support? (a minimum of SM3.0 is needed for the fluid renderer to work properly)

Regarding the setup, make sure that:

- You increase the "radius scale" property of your ObiParticleRenderer to a value that allows your fluid renderer to render the surface (try 1.7 - 2.0). If you leave this value at 1 (the default) chances are the material cutoff radius cuts off almost the entirety of the surface.

- Disable the "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer. if you don't, particles will be drawn on top of the fluid surface (which is sometimes desirable for visualization/debugging purposes).

cheers!

Messages In This Thread
Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by josemendez - 11-10-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 13-10-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 16-10-2017, 01:48 PM