Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation issue on Unity 2017.1
Just purchased Obi Cloth and imported into an empty project (Windows 10). I received 2 types of errors, and the dll error vanished after restart. Then I had case sensitivity errors (Images below). I have seen this before with another asset, where .MAT files were all caps but the meta files where Camel case. I deleted all the meta files and they came back all caps. As a result everything is working, but I would like to know what is happening for the future? Perhaps all caps needed to be avoided for some reason.

Import errors:
[Image: obi_error1.jpg]

Case sensitive errors:
[Image: obi_error4.jpg]

File explorer:
[Image: obi_error3.jpg]

Regards,
aidesigner
(05-10-2017, 02:58 PM)aidesigner Wrote: Just purchased Obi Cloth and imported into an empty project (Windows 10).  I received 2 types of errors, and the dll error vanished after restart.  Then I had case sensitivity errors (Images below).  I have seen this before with another asset, where .MAT files were all caps but the meta files where Camel case.  I deleted all the meta files and they came back all caps.  As a result everything is working, but I would like to know what is happening for the future?  Perhaps all caps needed to be avoided for some reason.

Import errors:
[Image: obi_error1.jpg]

Case sensitive errors:
[Image: obi_error4.jpg]

File explorer:
[Image: obi_error3.jpg]

Regards,
aidesigner

Hi there,

The libOni.dll error is common in assets that include a dll. Sometimes Unity does not load newly added libraries until you restart it. Nothing can be done on our part, the only solution to this is to restart Unity after installation.

Regarding the meta files, it seems like a bug in Unity (since we don't work with meta files at all, Unity automatically generates them upon importing new assets, and it should generate them with correct case). We've been unable to reproduce it in 5.6.0, 5.6.3, and no other users have reported a similar issue.You should file a bug report in Unity's tracker.