Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Suit - Questions about cloth in characters
(06-10-2017, 07:55 AM)Rettosukero Wrote: My lowpoly mesh has no thickness. But highpoly loose it's thicknes while following lowpoly mesh. It's like it become inside out. And one leg sticks to other even if i have 2 layers of skin one for each leg.

Aha and only object I can choose in particle proxy is lowpoly base mesh mesh. Is that ok ? If i keep it empty nothing happens.

Ok update. I have made mesh one sided in places we can't see insides. But still editing particles mode is soooo slow I don't know why because when I try to do it with vanilla unity cloth editing particles works smooth. 
And running anim is very slow even when I unfix and simulate only little piece of cloth. Like he is calculating all particles and he is like "is it one simulating? - yes is this one? - no) and like 6000 paticles and only like 1000 of them are actually simulated.
When I make max particles in solver less than verts in mesh then I cannot make any simulation. 
(06-10-2017, 07:55 AM)Rettosukero Wrote: My lowpoly mesh has no thickness. But highpoly loose it's thicknes while following lowpoly mesh. It's like it become inside out. And one leg sticks to other even if i have 2 layers of skin one for each leg.

Aha and only object I can choose in particle proxy is lowpoly base mesh mesh. Is that ok ? If i keep it empty nothing happens.

Hi there,

Make sure that you paint your skin channels properly. If one leg sticks to the other, it means both use the same channel and proximity skinning is merging them together. See the trenchcoat tutorial, there you can see that each side of the trenchcoat has been painted in a separate skin channel, to avoid particles from one side of the gap at the back from being incorrectly skinned to the other side.

As the particle proxy, you should use the lowpoly mesh, the one you're simulating. If you keep it empty no source simulation will be used, and nothing will happen.
Hi Sir!
After so long time I am trying to fight with Cloth again. And I noticed I don't understand it totally. I am reading articles about proxies and all this trentchcoat article but I don't understand. I would like to have more explanations.
The other fact is that unity crashes a lot while doing obi proxies and example scenes doesn't work.
I will tell you about my situation and please tell me if i am using it right.
First I want tell i wish to use saparate mesh as my for driving my fighpoly-thick mesh.
So I am making topology out of both of them ... thin lowpoly mesh that i would like to drive my simulation generate right and shows as thing with red envelope and thick one well generates but doesn't have this red envelope.
I set up thin lowpoly mesh as my simulated mesh all cloth stuff works well .
Then I make proxies and i am not sure if i am doing it right. I put thin mesh in "source topology" panel and thick mesh in "target mesh" ?
Anyway no matter wich I put where I can paint particles on thick mesh. I pain it all black and then I paint back side (inner side like without any pockets and stuff) with white.
I do bing and done
Thick mesh has only proxy atribute I set up lowpoly mesh as particle proxy, skin map, and highpoly mesh as target topology.
I start game weird things happen.
Or only part of thick mesh moves (the one I painted white) Or If i paint it all white its all moves but becomes totally flat.
Or It crashes totally : /
I wish to check example scenes but they do not work.
I see much potential in this tool but I am not a smart person pls. Help .
Best regards.