Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Collisions for Rope
As a small update, I am running into issues when setting up collisions through the intended way, as it seems only objects in the scene that don't move are actually being affected by collisions, and even then the rope seems to pass through the colliders a lot of the time.
So to reiterate, the large machine in the middle of the room is affected by collisions, but the table the rope starts on is not for some reason.
Any ideas? The rope and solver are on their own layers.

EDIT:
Let me tell you a tale of my current woes;
If I put the rope above a simple box collider with the Obi Collider script, the ONLY way I can produce a collision is when the GameObject, The Rope, both rope ends, and the Obi Solver are on the SAME layer (A new layer I made called 'Rope'), which goes against the docs completely... 
Based on this, I set the above objects to the Layer of the objects I want it to interact with, and it immediately stops registering collision with the above GameObject. In fact I can set it to any layer except the layer I want, and it still works. So I thought it could be that the Machine layer (the one I want) has a lot of stuff already on it, and that's giving it some grief somehow. So I set every object in the scene to the Rope layer... and it collides perfectly fine whilst also on the rope layer.
There are no differences on the Machine Layer Collision Matrix that could cause this, so why is it that one layer doesn't work? Is it something to do with the Layer number??

Messages In This Thread
Mass Collisions for Rope - by PhantomBadger - 27-06-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: Mass Collisions for Rope - by PhantomBadger - 27-06-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: Mass Collisions for Rope - by josemendez - 27-06-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: Mass Collisions for Rope - by PhantomBadger - 28-06-2017, 10:15 AM