Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Varius question's on obiFluid
(29-09-2017, 03:46 PM)Claudio80 Wrote: Hello everyone i've bought obifluid last week so i'm totaly noob about using it.
i've some problems:

1) i've created a bottle made of glass that shatter in pieces when collide whit other elements, on collision the emitter speed is set to 3.1f from 0 and create a little pool of fluid the problem is that the pool is to small and "bidimensional" i need a larger pool of liquid, any suggestion on liquid settings? (look at screen 1 for results)

2)I need to create a wine looking liquid, is it possible? what setting i should use?

3)I have realy big performance issues, all the computer's in my company run core i7 cpu's and one in particular run a 7th gen i7 and a gtx 1080 but frame rate is terrible whit more than 1000 particles.

thank you in advance and best regards.
Claudio

Screen whit stats (1fps)

Confundido

Dx diag

Hi Claudio,

- Regarding performance, take a look at your profiler. You can also make use of the ObiProfiler component to get a detailed in-game per-thread work distribution graph. 

- Stay away from MeshColliders unless absolutely necessary, as they're a lot slower than primitive colliders (not just with respect to Obi, but in general).

- Make sure you're not entering a "death spiral" type of situation in your physics loop. If your profiler shows your physics are being updated more than once or twice a frame, you should lower Unity's max timestep. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVqa-72-Ms

- Physics are done 100% in the CPU, so your GPU specs don't really matter. Only the rendering (which is simple enough to be handled by virtually any modern GPU) is done in the GPU.

- Regarding your "bidimensional" fluid, make sure your ObiSolver is not set to 2D mode.

Also take a look at the FluidMill sample scene. It features a fluid material that is quite close to wine.

cheers!

Messages In This Thread
Varius question's on obiFluid - by Claudio80 - 29-09-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by josemendez - 29-09-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by Claudio80 - 03-10-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by josemendez - 03-10-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by Claudio80 - 05-10-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by josemendez - 05-10-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by Claudio80 - 06-10-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Varius question's on obiFluid - by josemendez - 06-10-2017, 04:59 PM