Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Build not working. ONI DLL not found
(09-05-2020, 03:26 PM)IlyaZzz Wrote: Hello, I also have this problem (When I build linux build on Windows and it has performance in two-three times less than Windows). 
Have you tried to build in il2cpp mode? 
And do you have this issue: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...03#pid6703 ?
How do you resolve problem with Oni dll in Linux Editor?

Hi,

There's a slight difference in performance between both libraries, mainly because the windows one is compiled using llvm/clang while the linux one uses MingGW.

This alone does not justify such large performance drops as the one originally reported (2 ms - 117 ms) so the only cause I can think of is death spiraling. In the OP's profiler pics, it is clearly visible that FixedUpdate is being called 6 times per frame. That alone will cause performance to be 6 times slower, as physics should only be updated once per frame under normal circumstances. Increasing Unity's fixed timestep or decreasing the max fixed timestep would enable the simulation to recover and perform normally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Linux Build not working. ONI DLL not found - by josemendez - 12-05-2020, 04:52 PM