Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope distance from attached object
(26-09-2017, 09:33 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

This happens because both distance and pin constraints have an opinion on how the rope should look like, and the distance constraints' one is more prevalent.

Look at the bottom of this page:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

There you can see that it is possible to change the relative importance of constraints, so that pin constraints are applied last and their "opinion" prevails Sonrisa.

In your case, you should draw pin constraints below distance constraints in the ObiSolver's constraint order list. Also increasing the amount of pin constraint iterations will help.

cheers,

Thank you for the quick reply! That helped a lot, but unfortunately I still can't get both the top and bottom pinned cubes to have the rope snug on both ends right up to the collider.

Although, I feel like if I play with this order, it will still help, don't have much time today to go through it more. However, it got me thinking, what's the white box that goes around the rope? Is that where the Obi collider is for the rope? The reason I ask, is because my top pin is pinned right up against the top cube. The bottom one is now pinned snug to the bottom cube right up against the white box. The white box only being visible in the inspector window of course (pictured in my screenshot above still).

I hope I'm explaining it ok. 

Edit:
I was able to get it snug on both ends by using your advice, then on the bottom pin constraint I had to bring in the Y offset just a bit. Here's a screen of what I'm talking about:
[Image: vcHYbql.png]

It would still be nice to know about what the white box is at runtime, what is it visualizing in the editor there?

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rope distance from attached object - by dignifiedweb - 28-09-2017, 03:33 AM