Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Update "lag" between cloth and particle attachment target
(17-12-2019, 04:25 PM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure your move the handle before simulation kicks in each frame. Most of the time(*) this means doing it in FixedUpdate(), before the solver starts. If you don't you'll experience a 1-frame delay.

(*)Depends on what updater you're using, or if you're manually updating the solver, where you're doing so. Most commonly you'd use a ObiFixedUpdater(). So, you'd want to move your handle in FixedUpdate, before the updater does its thing. Easiest way is to subscribe to the solver.OnBeginStep event.

Hi Jose,

thanks for the info! But I currently do not know how to tackle this problem.
I rely on SteamVR(OpenVR) for handling VR interactions (i.e. grabbing). So moving the handle is currently not "in my power", or do you know how to change that?

Is there by chance a sample scene you made previously that uses SteamVR working/configured as you described to me?
To my knowledge I never changed any "update"-related settings in my project - so anybody who is working with SteamVR will initially be faced with this problem?

Cheers,
Christian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update "lag" between cloth and particle attachment target - by cberinger - 18-12-2019, 09:27 AM