Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ObiSolver.Lateupdate() bad performance
(05-08-2021, 08:39 AM)josemendez Wrote: The Burst-based backend has been available for quite a while now, since 5.6 it's the default backend. Will run faster on most mobile devices including Quest:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Note you need to install the required package dependencies for it to run. Otherwise Obi will fallback to the native backend.
I'm already using burst - I was talking about the vertex calculations for creating the extrusion/line renderer.

Quote:Most probably death spiraling. If IL2CPP is even slightly slower than Mono, it can trigger multiple FixedUpdate() calls per frame which will cause performance to plummet. Profiling will give definite answers in this case.
If that's the case I guess I could increase the fixed timestep and see a performance increase, which is not the case. 
Increasing fixed and max timestep from 0.0138 to 0.0333 only increased fps by 5~10 frames. 

Quote:It still works the same way as always: attach/stitch two particles instead of just one.

The principle is the same: one particle is a point and as such, it will rotate freely. Two particles define a straight line, so they can constrain orientation.
I don't quite get that. I stitch two like this and I just get the free rotation:
[Image: stitch1.png]
If I add this green stitch it goes crazy as those two points are stitched together;
[Image: stitch2.png]
Similar result if I stitch particle (from top to bottom) 1 to 3, and 2 to 4.

What exactly am I supposed to be stitching to get a (seemingly) continuous rope made of multiple rope segments?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiSolver.Lateupdate() bad performance - by TheMunk - 05-08-2021, 09:55 AM