Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make small size continous water stream?
Hi jose,

I still have a problem. I want the water flow down from faucet continously and smaller. But if i made the EmitterShapeDisk smaller. If just one stream. The stream can't continously flow down. If there is any way to make small size continous stream? Now the streams flow down have gaps. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(25-09-2017, 04:17 AM)sunyifeng83 Wrote: Hi jose,

I still have a problem. I want the water flow down from faucet continously and smaller. But if i made the EmitterShapeDisk smaller. If just one stream. The stream can't continously flow down. If there is any way to make small size continous stream? Now the streams flow down have gaps. 

Hi!

The continuity of the stream basically depends on the fluid emission speed. Here's how it works:

Each particle represents a given volume of fluid. The emission speed is determined in meters/second. 

Using this, the emitter shape area is extruded using the velocity vector. The volume of this extruded shape is calculated (which is expressed in cubic meters), converted to volume/frame, then converted to particles/frame.

This calculation should almost always lead to a continuous stream. If the stream is not continuous, it can be caused by three things:

- Your emission speed is too high.
- Your framerate is too low (no particles can be spawned in-between frames, so this is impossible to avoid).
- Your particle renderer's radius scale is too low. (it should be in the 1.7-2.5 range). Particles only render fluid surface when overlapping, so if their radius scale is 1 they will never generate a continuous flow.

For best results, you should also increase the emitter's "random velocity" slider a bit. No random velocity at all will cause stratification of the particles, since they are emitted together in the same frame with the same velocity. Giving each one its own random initial velocity will generate a more natural flow.

If the framerate is an issue, you could also try reducing the solver gravity so that particles don't fall from the emitter so fast. This will give a chance for a continuous flow to form.
(25-09-2017, 07:40 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

The continuity of the stream basically depends on the fluid emission speed. Here's how it works:

Each particle represents a given volume of fluid. The emission speed is determined in meters/second. 

Using this, the emitter shape area is extruded using the velocity vector. The volume of this extruded shape is calculated (which is expressed in cubic meters), converted to volume/frame, then converted to particles/frame.

This calculation should almost always lead to a continuous stream. If the stream is not continuous, it can be caused by three things:

- Your emission speed is too high.
- Your framerate is too low (no particles can be spawned in-between frames, so this is impossible to avoid).
- Your particle renderer's radius scale is too low. (it should be in the 1.7-2.5 range). Particles only render fluid surface when overlapping, so if their radius scale is 1 they will never generate a continuous flow.

For best results, you should also increase the emitter's "random velocity" slider a bit. No random velocity at all will cause stratification of the particles, since they are emitted together in the same frame with the same velocity. Giving each one its own random initial velocity will generate a more natural flow.

If the framerate is an issue, you could also try reducing the solver gravity so that particles don't fall from the emitter so fast. This will give a chance for a continuous flow to form.

Hi jose,

Thanks. I have changed the radius scale from 1 to 2. But the particle size seems too big for me. So i increased the particle's resolution from 16 to 64. And changed the speed from 1 to 0.6, add ramdom velocity to 0.1 The gaps improved. But the particle size still seems a little big. So if should increase the particle's resolution again. More particles i'm afraid of the framerate will become problem. If i had another choice to make the stream more natural?